Frequently Asked Questions
What types of software or programs should be used?
- In order for the virtual receptionist to make and receive calls, an internet based phone network is needed. A list of a few options are below:
- To ensure the virtual receptionists and scribes are providing the best service possible it is recommended that they are on a video conference during the hours that they are working. The following are a few platforms that can be used:
- Microsoft teams
- Google meets
What types of hardware do I need?
- The recommended hardware are tablets. Any version will be sufficient. We recommend the iPad as they are easy to carry between rooms but they also have a long battery life.
What is the current pricing structure?
- The pricing is a flat hourly rate of $10 per hour.
- There are no setup or hidden fees
- Billing is done weekly, and clients are able to cancel after a 7 day notice is given
How does the process work?
- First step is to contact us
- We will send you resumes of some of our available candidates for you to review as well as a short video of them introducing themselves
- You let us know who you would like to interview. Our VA is going to be a part of your team and interviewing them gives you a chance to meet them and ask them any questions that you may have.
- Once you have completed your interviews, you let us know who you would like to hire and we will put you in direct contact with the candidate to set up their training schedule with you and your practice. Set up instructions will be sent to you in order to prepare you for their first day.
- Once your training is complete you will then have a new team member in your practice. We will invoice you weekly for their hours and payments are made to us directly.
- If you are local to Wesley Chapel FL (2 hours drive) we can have one of our onboarding specialists come to your practice and assist you with your initial set up for NO EXTRA FEE
How much training will the Virtual Assistants need?
- All of our Virtual Assistants are trained in the basic in and outs of medical practices, customer service, SOAP notes etc They will however need to be trained on the specifics of your practice. Each practice is different and each like things completed a certain way. They will also need to be trained in your EMR software. Again, they are trained in how to enter notes etc, they will just need to be trained on where to find each section within your platform.
What educational background do your Virtual Assistants have?
- All of our Virtual Assistants are medical professionals (mostly MD’s, RN’s and DVMs) based in the Philippines
What if my practice doesn’t have a cloud based software?
- If you do not have a cloud based EMR then in order for our virtual assistants to complete their tasks you will need to set up a remote access to a computer within your practice. This computer will have to be assigned to one VA only
What if my practice uses landline phones and not VoIP?
- Unfortunately if your practice doesnt have VoIP then you will be unable to have Virtual Assistants for your reception desks. You can still utilize our Virtual scribes as they will only need access to your EMR
What about HIPAA compliance and the security of my protected health information?
Our virtual scribes and virtual receptionists all undergo extensive HIPPA training and are bound by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 in the Philippines.
- The virtual scribes and virtual receptionists will individually sign a Business Associate Agreement with the client. Our corporation does not have access to our clients PHI, so there is no need for the corporation to sign a Business Associate Agreement
How am I protected if my protected health information is compromised within the Philippines?
- The client is protected by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 which was passed by the Philippine government. This legislation allows severe prosecution of individuals who compromise sensitive information, such as protected health information.